Dalhousie Summer Trekking Camp
Dalhousie Trekking & Adventure Camp is specially planned for the less explored field of snow trekking & Adventure in Himalayas. During the months of December-February, the nearby area of Dalhousie remains covered with snow and it creates appropriate situation for a Snow trekking & Adventure
Dalhousie is a hill station in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh. Due to its unique geographical situation, while all other hill stations of India are not accessible, Dalhousie can be reached very easily and it is only 3-hour drive from Pathankot. Dalhousie was established in 1854 by the British Empire in India as a summer retreat for its troops and bureaucrats. It is situated on 5 hills and was named after Lord Dalhousie who was the British Governor-General in India while establishing this place as a summer retreat. Due to its natural beauty and climate, the town has become one of the favorite place for trekkers and nature lovers as well for tourists. The best season to visit the city as a hill station is summer but though its terrain offers wonderful trekking paths through the year.
Day 1: Departure from Ahmedabad, overnight train journey
Day 2: Arrival at Pathankot, departure for Dalhousie by bus, arrival at hotel
Day 3: Free day & Acclamatization , Site seeing in Dalhousie.
Day 4: Trek to Kalatop Camp (9 km), overnight stay at Kalatop.
Day 5: Height gain to Dainkund & Trek to Jyot (10 km), overnight stay at Jyot.
Day 6: Departure for Khajjiar and reach at Dalhousie.
Day 7: Departure for Ahmedabad, overnight in train
Day 8: Arrival at Ahmedabad
Customization available for Amritsar – Golden Temple & Wagha Border.
One day more if participant choose Amritsar – Golden Temple & Wagha border.
All the facilities, Activities, Proposed Schedule/Itinerary and services mentioned above are clearly subject to weather conditions and all other unforeseen situations like Vehicle strike/Forest permit issues/Government restriction.
Places to visit under Dalhousie Snow Trekking Camp
-> Dainkund Peak
-> Khajjiar – “Switzerland of India”
-> Gandhi Chowk (G.P.O.)
-> Subhash Chowk & Church
-> Tibetan Market
Activity 1: Snow Trekking
Activity 2: Site Seeing
Activity 3: Team Games
Activity 4: Campfire
Travelling by Train SL class & Bus/Winger
All meal after reaching on Dalhousie (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Accommodation in Guest House/Cottege
Volunteers or Instructors
First Aid Support
Food during Travelling & on the day of Visiting Amritsar, Wagha Border
Paragliding, River Rafting or any other paid Rides/Activities
Anything not mentioned in above
Things to be carried
Rucksack, Carry Bag & Plastic bags
5 pair of full sleeve cloths (shirt/T-shirts + trousers)
Warm clothing (jacket, gloves, woolen cap, socks, thermal inner wear)
Sports shoes with good rubber sole & full socks
Sun cap & goggles
Personal sanitary items
Cold cream, anti-sunburn cream & facewash
2 water bottles
Lunch box, Mug & Spoon
Original Identity Proof
Soft copy of fee receipt
Bedding & Snacks for travel
Mobile, camera, chargers
Personal medication if any
Trekking Stick (optional if needed)
Term & Conditions
• Cancellation would be granted by the Chief Instructor or higher authorities on receiving cancellation request on email@example.com through participant registered mail ID.
• The refund amount will be paid in 7 working days through an AC payee cheque.
• No refund will be given in case the participant terminates the tour at any point due to any reason.
The cancellation Amount will be counted on the full camp fees only.
-> Before more than 40 days of expedition, 10% cancellation
-> Before 25 to 40 days of expedition, 25% cancellation
-> Before 15 to 25 days of expedition, 50% cancellation
-> Before 1 to 15 days of expedition, 75% cancellation
-> In last 24 hours of Departure, 90% cancellation
1. This is an Adventure & Trekking Camp not a leisure tour.
2. Discipline during the camp duration is must and all are expected to follow instructions given by the Volunteer/Instructor/Guide.
3. Misbehave/Arguing with the Volunteers/guide/instructors will be considered as disciplinary issues & Speaking abusive language will be reacted strictly and may lead to cancel a Participation. In such case cancelation all service cut at that place & only train ticket given to participant not other service
4. Smoking and Tobacco, Alcohol & Drugs are strictly prohibited and if any found suspect in such case, immediate cancellation of member Participation and no further service/return ticket/refund will be pay.
5. Only Pure Veg Food is allowed inside the campsite area.
6. During Camp stay and others Girls and Boys Accommodation are Separate.
7. Shorts are not allowed during the activity hours and Trekking with a view to Safety form weather & camp discipline.
8. No refund will be given in case the participant terminates the tour at any point due to any reason.
9. No participant will be allowed to leave the Camp/hotel/guest house for any reason without permission of the camp manager.
10. Kitchen Area & Equipment Store are out of bound for all ranks.
How to Register
The application can be done online only on TrekOn’s website
There are 2 way for fees payment...
1. Online Fees Payment
2. Cash/Cheque Payment at Office
Please write Cheque in favouring “TREK ON”
Registration is considered as confirmed only on fees submission.
The registration will be done on first come first serve basis and advanced booking can be made by paying half payment. However, the remaining fees must be paid before 20 days of departure.
After the fee payment send your transaction id screenshot of fees payment receipt. Please check your registered mail inbox after 48 hours of the Fees payment, for the conformation mail.
How to organize a special camp?
Special camps can be organized by sending a request application on the TrekOn Adventure mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
The fees structure would be same for the group of the fixed strength.
Click Here: Register Now